Midlothian Council has taken a decision to introduce a charging tariff to ensure they can continue to maintain the chargers they own on the network, to make them more accessible and financially sustainable.
Midlothian Council currently owns over 20 chargers on the ChargePlace Scotland network and will continue to increase the number of chargers to help the council’s aim of becoming carbon neutral by 2030.
As of Friday 1st January, Midlothian Council will be introducing a tariff of £0.30 per kWh for rapid chargers and £0.16 per kWh for fast and slow chargers, with a £1.00 minimum charge per session.
The charge points this tariff will apply to are listed below:
- 50141 Midlothian Indoor Bowling Club, Old Edinburgh Road, Dalkeith
- 50142 Paradykes Primary School, George Street, Loanhead
- 50323 Edinburgh College Midlothian Campus, Dalkeith
- 50631 Midlothian Indoor Bowling Club, Old Edinburgh Road, Dalkeith
- 50651 Sheriffhall Park and Ride, Dalkeith
- 50653 Sheriffhall Park and Ride, Dalkeith
- 51110 Penicuik Leisure Centre, Midlothian
- 51133 Sheriffhall Park and Ride, Dalkeith
- 51134 Newbattle Community Campus, Dalkeith
- 51340 National Mining Museum, Dalkeith
- 51488 Midlothian Community Hospital, Bonnyrigg
- 51502 Sheriffhall Park and Ride, Dalkeith
- 51662 Midlothian House, Buccleuch Street, Dalkeith
- 53069 Hopefield Primary School, Bonnyrigg
- 53070 Hopefield Primary School, Bonnyrigg
- 53072 Lasswade High School, Midlothian
- 53073 Rosslyn Chapel
- 53075 Newbattle High School, Dalkeith
- 53076 Penicuik Leisure Centre, Midlothian
This tariff will only apply to charge points owned by Midlothian Council. If you would like to check charging tariffs for any other chargers on the ChargePlace Scotland network, you can find this information on our Live Map.