The purpose of this webpage is to display the network development figures reported for ChargePlace Scotland for December 2020.
All figures published are applicable to publicly accessible units on the ChargePlace Scotland network only, while the network availability figure given is the monthly average and the figures reported for new charging units are for the reporting month only (i.e., this figure is not a rolling total).
|Monthly availability||New charging units||Total charging units|
|Total kWh charged||Total charging sites||Total charging connectors|
New charge points
In December 2020, 24 charge points were added to the ChargePlace Scotland network:
- 1x 7kW unit at Cressy Street, Glasgow, G51 4RB
- 2x 7kW units at Whitecraig Road, Whitecraig, Musselburgh, EH21 8PG
- 1x 22kW unit at Dunphail, Forres, IV36 2QN
- 1x 50kW unit and 1x 22kW unit at Church Hill Road, Lairg, IV27 4BL 2AQ
- 1x 22kW unit at Vogrie Country Club, Gorebridge, EH23 4NU
- 1x 22kW unit at South Tay Street, Dundee City, DD1 1PF
- 1x 22kW unit at Dean Castle Country Park, Dean Road, Kilmarnock, KA3 1XB
- 2x 7kW units at Fenwick Road Car Park, Fenwick Road, Kilmaurs, KA3 2RQ
- 1x 22kW unit at St Germain Street, Catrine, KA5 6RF
- 3x 7kW units at Western Road, Kilmarnock, KA3 1NQ
- 1x 22kW unit at Lochore Meadows Country Park, Lochore, Lochgelly, KY5 8BA
- 1x 7kW unit at Queens Court, Inchmarlo, Banchory, AB31 4GD
- 2x 50kW units, 1x 22kW unit and 1x 7kW unit at Threestanes Road, Strathaven, ML10 6EB
- 1x 50kW unit and 2x 22kW units at Strathaven Road, East Kilbride, G75 0QZ
- 1x 50kW unit and 1x 22kW unit at Loch Ness, Fort Augustus, Inverness-shire, PH32 4DU
- 1x 50kW unit at Reform Street, Kirriemuir, DD8 4BS
- 1x 7kW unit at RiverBeds Lodges, Dragon’s Tooth Estate, Ballachulish, PH49 4JX
- 1x 7kW unit at SeaBeds Luxury Lodges, Dragon’s Tooth Estate, Ballachulish, PH49 4AA
- 1x 50kW unit and 2x 7kW units at Edinburgh Road, Carnwath, ML11 8HS
- 1x 50kW unit and 2x 22kW units at Regent Drive, Rutherglen, G73 1BH
- 1x 50kW unit at New Road, Ayr, KA8 8HE
- 1x 50kW unit and 3x 7kW units at Bellevue Road, Prestwick, KA9 1SX
- 1x 22kW unit at Morton Place, Kilmarnock, KA1 2QF
- 1x 50kW unit at The Square Car Park, Earlston, TD4 6DB
About ChargePlace Scotland
ChargePlace Scotland is Scotland’s national Electric Vehicle (EV) charging network. Owned and developed by the Scottish Government, and funded in partnership through a public grant from Local Authorities and other organisations. Aiming to install charge points across Scotland from Shetland to the Scottish borders, making owning an Electric Vehicle accessible for all Scottish drivers.
The ChargePlace Scotland network has grown from 55 public charge points in 2013 to over 1,500 in 2020. All publicly available charge points are displayed on our live map, which provides details about the location, type, status and availability of each unit.
New charge points are installed regularly on the network, with the ongoing support of Transport Scotland.