The purpose of this webpage is to display the network development figures reported for ChargePlace Scotland for April 2021.
All figures published are applicable to publicly accessible units on the ChargePlace Scotland network only, while the network availability figure given is the monthly average and the figures reported for new charging units are for the reporting month only (i.e., this figure is not a rolling total).
|Monthly availability||New charging units||Total charging units|
|Total kWh charged||Total charging sites||Total charging connectors|
New charge points
In April 2021, 19 charge points were added to the ChargePlace Scotland network:
- 1x 50kW unit and 2x 22kW units at The Wynd, Cumbernauld, G67 2ST
- 2x 50kW units and 1x 22kW unit at Kildare Road, Lanark, ML11 7AE
- 2x 22kW units at Kirk Road, Shotts, ML7 5ET
- 2x 22kW units at Station Road, Strathaven, ML10 6BE
- 1x 50kW and 1x 22kW unit at Main Street, Forth, ML11 8AB
- 1x 22kW unit at Main Street, Coalsnaughton, FK13 6JP
- 1x 7kW unit at Dalmore Road, Alnes, IV17 0UL
- 1x 50kW unit, 2x 22kW units and 1x 7kW unit at McNeil Street, Larkhall, ML9 1ER
- 3x 50kW units, 2x 22kW units and 3x 7kW units at Cairnhill Road, Airdrie, ML6 9EY
- 1x 7kW unit at Monomer Car Park, Killin, FK21 8UT
- 1x 22kW unit at Brodie Castle, Forres, IV36 2TE
- 1x 50kW unit at High Street, Renfrew, PA4 8QL
- 1x 50kW units and 2x 22kW units at Burnhead Street, Glasgow, G71 5AT
- 1x 22kW unit at Stirling Road Car Park, Milnathort, KY13 9XG
- 1x 22kW unit at Cunningsburgh, Shetland, ZE2 9HA
- 1x 50kW unit at Leadenflower Car Park, Crieff, PH7 3JE
- 1x 22kW unit at School Road, Comrie, Crieff, PH6 2LZ
- 1x 7kW unit at Logan Botanic Garden, Port Logan, Stranraer, DG9 9ND
- 1x 22kW unit and 1x 7kW unit at Drummuie, Golspie, KW10 6TA
New chargers were also added to these existing charging sites:
- 1x DC-only 50kW unit at Shorthope Street, Musselburgh, EH21 7DB
- 1x DC-only 50kW unit at Quality Street, North Berwick, EH39 4HJ
- 1x DC-only 50kW unit at Station Road, East Linton, EH40 3DP
- 1x DC-only 50kW unit at Westgate, Dunbar, EH42 1JL
- 1x 22kW unit at Gower Street, Brora, KW9 6PU
About ChargePlace Scotland
ChargePlace Scotland is Scotland’s national Electric Vehicle (EV) charging network. Owned and developed by the Scottish Government, and funded in partnership through a public grant from Local Authorities and other organisations. Aiming to install charge points across Scotland from Shetland to the Scottish borders, making owning an Electric Vehicle accessible for all Scottish drivers.
The ChargePlace Scotland network has grown from 55 public charge points in 2013 to over 1,500 in 2021. All publicly available charge points are displayed on our live map, which provides details about the location, type, status and availability of each unit.
New charge points are installed regularly on the network, with the ongoing support of Transport Scotland.